We love international work. Advising across borders is a key element of Peregrine’s DNA and we are experts at it. We speak multiple languages, we have lawyers from Australia, Bermuda, France, India, Israel and Luxembourg and a CEO with experience of being a lawyer and managing offices in Beijing, Hong Kong and Sydney as well as London.
We have a real depth of expertise in assisting companies doing cross border transactions, whether it is investing into the UK, investing internationally from the UK or project managing a deal across multiple markets.
We work hard to establish and maintain strong working relationships with quality lawyers in other jurisdictions and we pride ourselves on being able to provide clients with a ‘seamless service’. We are members of the International Bar Association and have been part of both formal and informal global professional services and ‘best friends’ networks.
Peregrine’s international experience
Peregrine started trading in April 2016 and since then we have advised:
- ASX listed, Collins Foods Group, a KFC franchisee on aspects of its approx. €12m acquisition of restaurants in Germany and €60m purchase of restaurants in The Netherlands from Yum! Brands
- French law firm Almain and its key client Euronext Brussels’ listed, Econocom Group SE’s investments in Northern Technology Investments Limited and JTRS Ltd
- Widget Group, a leading UK wearable technology distributor, with operations in the UK, The Netherlands and Sweden on its sale to Ireland’s CMS Distribution
- a Cayman hedge fund on the disposal of one Hong Kong and two French subsidiary companies
- a leading UK Oracle technology brand on its sale to a US private equity backed acquirer
- an Italian company, a former member of the Marconi group, on an acquisition of assets in England, Northern Ireland and Scotland
- an English/BVI group on shareholder and other establishment arrangements for new school businesses in Hong Kong, Kenya and Oman
- leading Chinese law firm, DeHeng, and some of their major bank and private equity clients on a number of financing transactions including China Development Bank, China Exim Bank and Beijing Jianguang Asset Management.
Our lawyers also have experience of acting:
- for a leading US oil & gas company on 3 related transactions with a Chinese state owned enterprise involving the disposal of certain oil & gas interests in Australia
- for BG Group plc on the acquisition and restructure of joint venture interests in a major Indian LNG and port terminal
- on the acquisition of Israel’s NMI by NYSE listed, Altria Group
- for CVC Asia Pacific and Catalyst Investment Managers on their A$750m leveraged buy out of the Pacific Brands business from Pacific Dunlop Limited, Australia’s largest ever buy out at that time
- for an ASX listed corporation on their casino joint ventures and other gaming investments in the UK
- for a UK FTSE 100 company on an Asian corporate restructure and subsequent sale of one of its Chinese businesses
- for a large European financial institution on its state-guaranteed emergency liquidity facilities and the assignment of its Asian Pacific loan portfolio
- on a series of investments for certain Luxembourg incorporated private equity funds