Peregrine Law Limited (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we are the data controller.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us. This includes information you provide to us when you: (i) correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; (ii) seek legal advice from us; (iii) sign up to receive information from us; (iv) use the “contact us” page of our site; (vi) apply for or accept employment with us; or (vii) offer to provide or provide services to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, job title, financial information and a personal description about yourself.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services and people you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from third parties. These third parties may include credit reporting agencies, recruitment agencies, government agencies or information from publicly available records.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreement entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with legal advice;
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with relevant legal updates;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for our recruitment purposes (where you, or a recruitment agency on your behalf, have sent us your CV).
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
- Information you provide us about other people. Where you provide us information about a third party you must ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information. You must also ensure, prior to providing us with such information, that we are entitled to collect, process and disclose that information under the terms of this policy.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- employees, agents and consultants who assist us in running our business;
- selected third parties including, but not limited to, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Where you are a client (or an agent of a client) or an employee of us, we may share your personal information with:
- other legal specialist, including barristers, mediators and legal experts;
- foreign law firms for the provision of foreign legal advice (where applicable).
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of engagement or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Peregrine Law Limited or our clients. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting Nigel Clark (email@example.com).
You have the right to access information held about you. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting Nigel Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.