+44 (0) 7957 491177
+44 (0) 20 3858 0800
Commercial litigation and dispute resolution
Chamali has over 16 years’ experience as a UK barrister and is a licensed attorney in New York, USA. She has represented a broad portfolio of clients, from Heads of State to some of the most vulnerable in our society, across several legal disciplines. She has handled a varied caseload including complex commercial disputes involving fraud and insolvency litigation, often with an international focus and multimillion £ civil litigation.
Chamali holds significant management experience and versatile leadership skills as a former Head of Legal for a regional law firm and has previously established her own set of Chambers. She has also undertaken short-term contracts for the United Nations and advised the Government of Sri Lanka.
Following a commercial pupillage at One Essex Court in London at the Chambers of the Rt. Hon. Sir Tony Baldry MP, Chamali was awarded an exemption from the General Council of the Bar to move into employed practice as a barrister working in solicitors firms exercising full rights of audience and later established her own set of Chambers.
- Commercial litigation
- Financial litigation
- Financial regulation
- Insolvency and asset recovery
- Political and Constitutional law
- Professional negligence & professional ethics
- Risk management
- 2019: Joined Peregrine Law
- 2018: MA in Ethics and Law, King’s College London
- 2018: Legal and Policy Researcher, UN
- 2015: Parliamentary Candidate
- 2012: Attorney, New York Bar, USA
- 2008: Policy Advisor, Coalition for an International Court for the Environment
- 2002: Barrister, Middle Temple